• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

custom glass aquariums?

I'm not looking for anything fancy (no wood frames or canopies) but back in the day I knew people who fabricated custom aquariums to spec. Does anybody know anyone in the area who might do this?

I'm currently looking at the ADA tanks, which are quite nice but pretty expensive...and the dimensions are not exactly what I'm looking for either. I had a friend down in Florida that had a 60 G cube made for him out of starphire glass (the super-clear stuff) and it looked awesome.

Any ideas? Thanks for looking...

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Back in the day, Oceanic Systems would make one-offs at a high price. I am unsure if they still do. If a smaller tank is what you want but you don't care if it is starfire, check out tanks by Mr. Aqua.

Funny you mention Oceanic. The tank this is replacing is actually a custom Oceanic I had made a LONG time ago. I love the dimensions, and its even smoked glass in the rear. Its drilled for a Tunze overflow and everything! Time for something new, and I want a rimless design.

I actually got a quote from glasscages...nearly the same cost as the ADA tanks.

:(

I'll check out Mr. Aqua. Those look decent for the $, but I can't get a custom size made. The Starphire glass is actually important to me...but again for the $ those Mr. Aqua tanks look OK.

Thanks for the post...looking forward to getting my tank back up and running.

kewx

Members
Glen Collins Glass Company in Baltimore might do it for you. His number is in the yellow pages