• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How strong are rubbermaid stock tanks?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I don't own one, but they are pretty durable. They are made for farming and agricultural uses, which is certainly more abusive than the aquarium hobby.

Ok i was going to use it as an indoor pond. It will go on a stand a foot of the ground so i can hookup a wet/dry. I just didn't know if i needed to build some kind of support into it for the stock tank.

verbal

CCA Members
There are thick and rigid, so you don't need to worry about the sides bowing or anything like that.

What were you going to use for a stand? I think you could probably use something like cinderblocks. If you are build the stand with 2x4s you probably want to get the stock tank first - or at least get exact dimensions of the base(less than the top).

I was going to use 2x4's or 4x4's and 1/4 plywood was not sure. Wanted to make sure it would work. I am planning on getting the tank, then making the stand for it. Might do a small deck and put some plants around it. Lots of planning and will not be able to do it tell taxes come back anyway. Got to love the better half there so smart:p

halkentjr

Members
they are very strong. I see them everywhere freestanding. our 100 gal is on a slightly uneven spot, but going for about 15 years w/ no worries