• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

100 Tanks for Sale on Craigslist

Siklid

Members
I inadvertently ran across it while I was searching for chickens - who knew.

I would get some of the tanks, but I am too new to know what to get or look for. But sounds like a good deal.

Ading522

Members
I inadvertently ran across it while I was searching for chickens - who knew.

I would get some of the tanks, but I am too new to know what to get or look for. But sounds like a good deal.

That's a very good deal. And if you are not going the drilled route, you can always seal it with a patch of glass and silicone..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Store out of business? Anyone we know?

Anyone spoken with him (I'm assuming it's a dude)? I'd bet a $30 AquaMania table investment could help him clear out a bunch of tanks...

Matt

JasonC

Members
That's a very good deal. And if you are not going the drilled route, you can always seal it with a patch of glass and silicone..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Or buy a black threaded bulkhead and bulkhead plug... that with a black painted glass would be nearly invisible...

JasonC

Members
Didnt realize it was the same guy in my last post, but met with the guy who owns the tanks this am... from a full service pet store he closed down last year. Super nice guy with some really pretty big fish in his basement. Talked to him about the club and AM... think he is going to try to attend the marketplace as a buyer as he doesnt have a good way to transport all his tanks... may also look into joining the club too.

Oh... and picked up 6 15gallon tanks from him for 60 bucks... they need a lot of cleaning, but looked to be in fantastic shape otherwise.

chriscoli

Administrator
Didnt realize it was the same guy in my last post, but met with the guy who owns the tanks this am... from a full service pet store he closed down last year. Super nice guy with some really pretty big fish in his basement. Talked to him about the club and AM... think he is going to try to attend the marketplace as a buyer as he doesnt have a good way to transport all his tanks... may also look into joining the club too.

Oh... and picked up 6 15gallon tanks from him for 60 bucks... they need a lot of cleaning, but looked to be in fantastic shape otherwise.

Nice, 15s have been one of my favorite sizes!

Silicon and glass work just fine. All the water pressure is at the bottom anyway and even a 1.5" hole towards the top like mine can easily be plugged with a lowly poker chip.

But, will be bringing extra bulkheads and other fittings to AM2 anyway. I have a LOT of extra hardware I bought when I thought I was going to do killies, then rays, then coral frags... I probably have enough %$@$ to build another room.

+1...I wouldn't trust the glass and silicone route