• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

10ft. Acrylic Tank

So this 10ft. 500g (thats what it says) acrylic tank poped up for sale by me guys asking 2000 for the full set up but will part out. Someone buy this so I domt have too

Sent from my SM-S890L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1412436734784.jpg

kevin911

Members
Very nice tank! Is he going to reprice due to being a 240g?

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

The 2k included 4 led lights two rio pumps a 75g sump and everything else for a nice saltwater set up. 2k still does seem like alot he said 700 for tank and stand. Good price if it was a 10ft. Tank.

Quicklynx

Members
Common practice on craigslist.... Plenty of 10 gallons being sold as 20, 55s being sold as 120, 120s being sold as 240 and so on.

Coincidence?

Not at all.

Doubt he will sell it to you for the actual value. He's just waiting for the next victim that doesn't check the dimensions or know any better.

Sad thing is, enough people fall for it that they keep doing it.

I say flag his post.

kevin911

Members
The 2k included 4 led lights two rio pumps a 75g sump and everything else for a nice saltwater set up. 2k still does seem like alot he said 700 for tank and stand. Good price if it was a 10ft. Tank.

I think 700 for a nice condition 240g acrylic is not bad..

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

toddnbecka

Members
What are the actual dimensions? Looks about 6' wide to me. Not necessarily a bad thing, a 10' tank would be very difficult to haul and handle.

Nice tank and even for a 240 $700 is a steal as long as it doesn't have a bubble, no bubbles in the seam, and has a proper stand for the tank.

1badmarine

$700 isn't bad, but not great. I just bought my 265g for $600. Full saltwater setup. Iwaki pump, eshopps sump,72" metal halide & T5 light, tank, stand and canopy. I've been selling off the livestock that was in it and cleaning it up. Great tank for a great price!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

You have to remember though that acrylic is always going to be a little more than glass. I just sold a 260 to a local fish store here and wholesale cost for a 260 6x2x3 was $2300. You could spend $1400 and get a new glass 260. The difference is clarity, longer life, and weight