• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Geophagus

cdl0914

Members
I just got 4 Geophagus red Bahia + 4 Geophagus red Tapajos that I put together in a 58G. Is the tank big enough?, what about breeding time?, etc...
What are your recommendations?
Thank you!

Hit the wrong button, they are South American...

Mikeinco

Members
8 Geo's in a 58 seems like a bit much to me. I think i know what kind of tank that is. Is it shorter and deeper than a standard 55? If so, its a really nice show tank but thats alot of geo's for a tank with those demensions. Are they still small right now? That might buy you some time.

Mikeinco

Members
How are your Geo's doing now? I'm assuming you already have them together in the 58 gallon? Bahia Reds are very similar to Brasilensis and might be more aggressive than the other Geo's so I'd keep an eye on them. Just wanted to add this and hope your set up works out for you.

I have 7 Red head Tapajos and 4 medium sized discus in a 50 gallon tank doing very well. I will need to move them out in 6 months or so when the Tapajos reach about 4-5 inches. They like warm water so I keep them around 84 degrees.
I have spawned Bahia Red's before and they are cave spawners and pretty aggressive. You will probably need to separate them when they start pairing up.
Andy