• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Changing of the guard

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well after over 7 years of breeding my aulonocara chilumba male, I had to pick out a new one. The old one is on his way out. He has served me well since 2008. Actually picked him a few months ago. So far no breeding. I hope he likes girls.
He has longer find than his dad had. Hope he gets motivated soon. And of course his color will improve with age.

IMG_1870_zpsmgxdm4ka.jpg

Vinh2o

Members
He's a handsome little guy. I have a couple back up males that I have had to keep around as well for the same purpose. The ironic thing is whenever people come to my house they want to buy them. I have to say " Nope, they are the Princes and might be needed for service soon."

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Spine

Members
All your fish look awesome. I don't know how you tell who looks the best, your peacocks are off the hook:)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks guys

Kevin, I found he had the longest fins as a youngster.
I am hoping that will be true when he gets his color.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
DSC_0278_zpsbd34de1b.jpg

Dad as a senior.(I have posted pics of him many times over the years. Sorry) His dorsal and anal fin are not as long as JR.
Of course this one shows the hole in his fin from damage at some point.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hmm, just found this picture from 2008 when I had first gotten him from Mike Hill. I guess the fins looked longer back then too.
070608e.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
People often tell me it looks like a ngara flame tail.

It is very close.
Here is the Ngara I had back in 2008.

070608L.jpg

Oh, and for those who have been around a while. Picture this one flipped so the fish is facing the
other way and tell me if you have seen this picture before. LOL

Leffler817

CCA Members
People often tell me it looks like a ngara flame tail.

It is very close.
Here is the Ngara I had back in 2008.

070608L.jpg

Oh, and for those who have been around a while. Picture this one flipped so the fish is facing the
other way and tell me if you have seen this picture before. LOL

I've seen that picture before!?! It's still there where I saw it too! :cool:

My chilumba boy from you is still looking good. Unfortunately, over time, I"ve lost two females, but he still has his harem of 3. Unfortunately, no babies, though . . .