• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New and Old Pics from New(er) Forum Member

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
A few pics from previous fish:

0731091942.jpg

EBJD.jpg

HeadBurried.jpg

MomandDadwithFry.jpg

1013091623.jpg

YellowLabs.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00383_zps1c2ef8b3.jpg

And some of my current fish:

DSC00506_zps4ghct1bi.jpg

DSC00521_zpsualgqk62.jpg

DSC00508_zpsmriq6mpq.jpg

DSC00495_zpsnvep7vp9.jpg

DSC00487_zpsv1lrb4fc.jpg

DSC00488_zps7dingst3.jpg

Enjoy!

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Me, too. I won a contest on another forum a few years ago with it. Those cories were the most silly fish I've ever owned. Someday I will do a tank centered around them again.

wow thats what my JD would look like all grown up. There color is awesome, i hope i find a good home for them. I had a Rainbow shark in my first tank too. unfortunately he died randomly during a water change.

Forester

Members
That rainbow shark brings back great memories. One of my first larger fish was "Jaws" and he lived for 7+ years till the fish sitter killed the whole tank. That was a sad day. I need to get another sometime, they have great personality.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Mason, just so you know, they are almost like real sharks in that they need lots of dissolved oxygen and need to keep moving to breath well. When you do a water change with them, you have to do smaller partials to make sure you have enough oxygen. I've lost one or two that way before I figured it out years ago. Otherwise, yes, rainbow sharks are great fish. That one lived for about 4-5 years before he died during a power outage.

cool thanks for the info. i was bummed he was my favorite fish. i had no idea what happend he was upside down. so i grabbed him and still felt his little heart beat. i tried to revive him with the air stone. But that was just a frantic idea that didnt work. If i get another i want to try the red tailed shark.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I've keep them, too. They are jumpers. The entire top of the tank must be covered. And I mean MUST! I had one of them jump a tank twice in one week. Once when I fed and left the top open. The next when I was doing a water change and the top was open.