• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dithers

zackcrack00

Members
Any dithers you can recommend for members of the Pelvicachromis species? P. signatus is the pair I'll have in the 29g, along with a pair of L144 and a group cories.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Maybe a group of limia nigrofaciata or congo tetras
like Jon said, I wouldnt add that much more

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Why not try one of the smaller African barbs? Batfish had some a while back. Nothing nano-sized, but smaller than a congo tetra.

I'd move out the corys, if you have room elsewhere. I have a 20 with a pair of Lobe and some Brochis splendens and although the Brochis are larger than the Pelvacichromis, I've noticed them being bullied.

Blaise

Becca

Members
When Dr. Loiselle spoke to PVAS a couple of months or so ago, he recommended against tetras, saying that most were piranha wannabees and would be quick and grab the fry. He said that daninions were a better choice for a small cichlid tank.

Here's a brief description from the apistogramma forum:

http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/threads/danios-or-rasboras-as-dithers.18507/

You should try some danio choprae - you'll need to cover the tank well, but they are beautiful, spawn readily, and don't seem to bother other fish at all.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Congo tetras need a bigger tank than a 29. Smaller danios would be fine, if not biotopically correct.

My Moliwe have been bullying a group of my meeker corydoras, so that may be a problem for you with the Signatus.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
The smaller African barbs would be more biotope correct than danios. There are some neon-sized African tetras, but I'm not sure how easy they are to find or how expensive they might be.A Neolebias species might work

That said, I just picked up a batch of Danio choprae fry from Becca to add to my herd. They're very nice when grown.

Blaise

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Congo tetras need a bigger tank than a 29. Smaller danios would be fine, if not biotopically correct.

My Moliwe have been bullying a group of my meeker corydoras, so that may be a problem for you with the Signatus.

Congo tetras also love plants... for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

zackcrack00

Members
Haha. I was going to move my pair of long finned rosy barbs but by the sound of the suggestions you're giving I'm going to keep them with the signatus. They look ready to spawn, anyhow. Gorgeous fish, I'll attempt some pictures when I get hom.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app