• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

aggressive Ilyodon furcidens

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
I have a pair of ilyodon furcidens (3" and 3.5") and i had them in a growout with my x. montizumae and these guys would relentlessly chase the montizumaes so I knew I needed to move them. I was curious to see if they'd get beat up my my neetropolus (2-2.5"). I put the pair in and watched them to make sure the fiesty neets wouldnt kill them. I was very surprised to see the big furcidens relentlessly chasing the neets. The big male neet sometimes fights back but the big goodeids charge at the neet and chase him around the tank until the neet would find a place to hide. The furcidens are fearless of me aswell. Whenever i have my hand in the tank gravel vacuming or something they swim up to my hand and sometimes nibble on my fingers. I've never seen behavior like this in any of my goodeids.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Ilyodon can be some tough characters....and can get 6-7"!

Ironically, they won't (usually) eat their own babies.

I had a 300g full of African Cichlids (back in Sacramento, I've since come to my senses)... and had Ilyodon as dithers. The goodieds would easily dominate all but the most aggressive mbuna!

Matt