• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquatic foods?

Leffler817

CCA Members
I usually get my food from our sponsors as they have great products and offer a great deal. If you're keeping FHs and want to try it, go for it.

Would it still be a good deal with the cost of shipping? Most sponsors offer free shipping at a certain price point.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Not sure how many tanks you are feeding, but it would take me a good bit to go through 12 pounds of food. I'd be concerned about trying to keep it fresh.

From my perspective, I try to use good quality foods (usually from club sponsors) like NLS, YFS, and Cobalt, and purchase them on an as needed basis. You may pay more buying in smaller portions, but a couple of bucks is worth keeping the thousands of dollars worth of fish that I have in my possession healthy.

Last edited:
true and good advice jon, they have smaller sizes i was just referencing the 12lb to give idea of price. i will probably try a 1lb or 5lb jug and post results. i am currently using yfs cichlid supreme and they love it. really good stuff!