• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lap Dog

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay first to set the story.

Then the pictures.

My Daughter, Son in law, Granddaughter, and their Great Dane moved in with us back in January. They sold their town house and were looking for a single family home, which they are now fixing up.

The dog is over 10 years old. She hates me. Or maybe cant remember me. If she does not see me for 10 minutes then when she does, she goes nuts. Barking and growling.

So last night we had thunder storms. She hates them more than me. She has to be with someone. It was Tracey's turn. She had to be close but she also got tired.
What she did next made me laugh so hard I cried.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
IMG_1881_zpsew18pb8z.jpg

IMG_1884_zpslryurzs7.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well maybe its just me but this makes me laugh.
Looks like something out of a cartoon.
Her butt is still on the loveseat but her front legs were too tired to stay sitting up.

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Nice! Have they tried a thunder shirt? I've had some good results with those.

I'm not sure. If they have one its in storage.
They should be in their new house soon......
I hope. Nothing like being greeted with that deep base tone bark and teeth every night. LOL
Of course like most Great Danes, I just walk on in, she will turn and run. She would never bite.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The last time I laughed that hard was the first time I played Crimes against humanity.

Leffler817

CCA Members
That's awesome! I love all the goofy things dogs do. I wonder what their logic is? Mine has been a trip over the years.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks guys.
I am still laughing when I see this picture.
The wife actually printed out a blow up to save.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Mine will come up to the couch, put her head on the cushion, convince herself that it is worth it to jump up, and then after I convince her, she jumps up and lays down. If no one is around, I've seen her lay her head on the couch for minutes before deciding to jump up or just lay down on the floor.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Lol

This thing still has nothing to do with me. Almost 4 months.
I even fed her twice this week and gave a 10inch rawhide chewy.
Dog is old and set in her ways I guess. LOL