• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Haplochromis sp. "Ruby Green"

chris_todd

Members
Does anyone in the club have a mature male Haplochromis sp. "Ruby Green" they could sell me? Or know where I could get one?

Dave's Rare Fish lists a Haplochromis sp. "Ruby" that looks similar, but not sure if it's the same fish.

toddnbecka

Members
I have a fully grown adult male, had a group of juvies couple years back that ended up 2 males. Swapped off one shortly afteward, the other one shares a rockpile in a 75 with some Syno multi's and my eureka red group.

dogofwar

CCA Members
sp. "Ruby" and Ruby Green are the same.

I unfortuantely lost my breeders after the fire last year. Tony was nice enough to give me some babies that turned out to be 1M/2F. One of the ladies recently killed the male (!). So now I have two females @ ~2". $5 each if anyone wants to add to a colony...

Matt

chris_todd

Members
I have a fully grown adult male, had a group of juvies couple years back that ended up 2 males. Swapped off one shortly afteward, the other one shares a rockpile in a 75 with some Syno multi's and my eureka red group.

Todd, if you're really interested in selling your male, I might be interested, though I am getting one from allmystuff. But it sounds like it has a happy home, and I wouldn't want to break that up. But if you really want to get rid of it, PM me.

sp. "Ruby" and Ruby Green are the same.

I unfortuantely lost my breeders after the fire last year. Tony was nice enough to give me some babies that turned out to be 1M/2F. One of the ladies recently killed the male (!). So now I have two females @ ~2". $5 each if anyone wants to add to a colony...

Matt

Matt, thanks for the confirmation that "Ruby" and "Ruby Green" are the same. Sorry to hear your female killed the male. That's odd, though, because what I've read online is that they are pretty peaceful. :confused:

dogofwar

CCA Members
They are relatively peaceful...I've kept them with all sorts of mellow fish. Never underestimate the anger of a female with her tube down...with an unwilling mate.

Matt