• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Robin, the henlei hybrid stingray

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys, this will be the progression thread of my new stingray. My sister funded half of the price as a super special birthday gift. She wanted to name him Robin after the late Robin Williams so Robin it is :). He is very skinny so he'll need some extra care, clean water, and lots of black worms to bring him back to health.This has been a dream fish of mine for a long time so I am very excited to finally have one
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1410778571.263268.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1410778571.263268.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Personally, I'd just keep the water level down to reduce fish jumping out. For filtration, you could do a huge dump filter (Matt would be proud of me!) with just a pump in the tank to the filter above. I guess you could cover it with some sort of tarp/plastic sheet when you weren't viewing if you were concerned about jumpers.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm very proud of you, Jon :)

A rubbermaid stock tank (150g or better 300g) would be ideal. I kept my giant lungfish in one (and it, of course, had a dump filter on it)!

Matt

Personally, I'd just keep the water level down to reduce fish jumping out. For filtration, you could do a huge dump filter (Matt would be proud of me!) with just a pump in the tank to the filter above. I guess you could cover it with some sort of tarp/plastic sheet when you weren't viewing if you were concerned about jumpers.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
We'll, I ran the idea of a stock tank and they said it would be A ok. The only problem I see is weight but I can always have it down in the fish room. And of course, it will have a dump filter on it:)

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thanks guys, sherbert (giant gourami) has lost her privilage of living with the rays
My parents agreed to pay a little bit for a new stingray (I'll still be paying for most if it)
I was thinking of getting a marble motoro or a hystrix since they wont be expensive as the henlei

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Balls!

Catching up on the thread and my heart sank half way down. Sorry pal. :/

Last edited: