• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

55gallon african cichlid tank

ErnieG

Members
I just set up my new 55gallon and wanted some suggestions on afican cichlids, I know that i want daffodils but what else can i stock in the tank?

Picture.jpg

verbal

CCA Members
Daffodils fill the tank on their own if you let them. A Calvin's or two might help some with fry control. Syno cats might do a little too. Something that sticks to the top like cyps might work too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ErnieG

Members
Thanks, i have read and talked to a few people about the daffodils populating the tank its amazing. I wanted to add a few more africans lke demasoni, leleupi, or julie.

verbal

CCA Members
Thanks, i have read and talked to a few people about the daffodils populating the tank its amazing. I wanted to add a few more africans lke demasoni, leleupi, or julie.

A julie pair might work, but I would look for a confirmation from someone with the more experience with Tanganyikan cichlids.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Julie's will work. Look at my pics on my album. I had about 5 generations of adult daffodils and Julie's plus others in my 90 gal. Good luck.

chriscoli

Administrator
I had a 55 stocked for a while with Lemon Jakes, 1 species of vic, Julies, and A. comprecisseps. Not the world's best combination, but it worked for a while. I split it up because I wanted to be able to feed a diet more suited to each species.

I've heard that Julies go well with Daffodils....something about Julies tending to heard their young toward the rocks, while the other heards them away from the rocks.

ErnieG

Members
Julie's will work. Look at my pics on my album. I had about 5 generations of adult daffodils and Julie's plus others in my 90 gal. Good luck.

Wow, nice i can see the generations. Im now ready for fish i had to finish my cycle and i had a ph problem but its all fixed. Im going to see what i can find at the meeting, its for my girlfriend but of course im going to be the one taking care of the tank lol so im going to put my favorite african cichlid in (daffodil).

ErnieG

Members
I had a 55 stocked for a while with Lemon Jakes, 1 species of vic, Julies, and A. comprecisseps. Not the world's best combination, but it worked for a while. I split it up because I wanted to be able to feed a diet more suited to each species.

I've heard that Julies go well with Daffodils....something about Julies tending to heard their young toward the rocks, while the other heards them away from the rocks.

Sounds good, i guess i will go with the julies.