• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My new buddies

Becca

Members
At AM3 I picked up a Fluval Spec V that had a nice bed of oolite sand in it. I thought it would be a pity to waste the sand and started asking folks what hard-water species might work in a tank this small. Josh (Batfish Aquatics), set me up with some Deser Gobies. I just moved them to my office today. They are so darned cute I may never get any work done again!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1430759094733.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430759133565.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430759149437.jpg

Becca

Members
Nice setup! Remind me, what size tank is that? Anything else in with the gobies?

It's either 5 or 6 gallons... I'm going to guess 5 because it's called a Spec V :p.

I have some wild type neocaridinas as (so far ignored) feeders and plants in there, but nothing else. These guys have big mouths and are a little feisty, so it didn't seem wise to put other fish in there with them. I have a male and female with (I hope) plenty of hiding spaces. I should probably buy some lace rock to add, but need to find small enough pieces.

They are really cool fish in terms of the range of conditions, in some cases very extreme, that they can survive and thrive in.

Will post a photo of the whole tank shortly.

Jt731

Members
I have two spec v and have done a lot of tinkering with them. I have a laser cut filter basket, spray bar, and upgraded pump in one. The other is stock but I took the nozzle off the output so the outflow was greatly diminished, even with the pump adjusted all the way down

Becca

Members
Thanks, guys! These fish are awesome to watch. They're definitely little piggies and always up to something silly.

If you like them, Batfish has a whole tank of them... just sayin'....

Becca

Members
Got a first spawn last week. Eggs were duds, but they're young still.

Becca

Members
No clue how many were laid, but I could see a few on the underside of a flowerpot. Male guards eggs until they hatch. My understanding is that there is no wiggler stage. The eggs are large, like cory eggs.

Becca

Members
Just some updated pics of these beauties!

uploadfromtaptalk1439232230654.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439232250407.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439232280480.jpg