• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dr. Paul Loiselle at PVAS (Sat, Aug 2 at 1:00 PM)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Author of my favorite book on cichlids ("The Cichlid Aquarium"), hobby legend and all around good guy...will be at PVAS this weekend!

Saturday, August 2, 1:00pm

Speaker: Dr. Paul V. Loiselle, "Dynamic Danios, Resplendent Rasboras"

Dr. Loiselle is an accomplished aquarist of over twenty years experience. The internationally published author of The Cichlid Room Companion and numerous articles on the care and breeding of aquarium fishes. He was for many years a Contributing Editor for Freshwater and Marine Aquarium. Dr. Loiselle has his Master's degree from Occidental College in Los Angeles, and took his doctorate at the University of California at Berkeley. His professional background includes five years as a Peace Corps fisheries biologist in West Africa, where he carried out faunal and environmental impact surveys in Togo and Ghana.

Join us for the presentation, raffles, refreshments, a door-prize and our (not-so-mini) mini-auction.

PVAS meetings are held at the following location in the cafeteria:

Green Acres School
4401 Sideburn Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22030

JLW

CCA Members
If you weren't there, you missed out on one of the best talks I think we've ever had. :)

zenins

Members
Dr. Loiselle is an excellent speaker and very passionate about tropical fish.
I attended several sessions he gave on conservation and preservation of species back in May at the Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs annual convention.

Well worth the time :)