• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

29 Gallon Tank

Wblaze

Members
I got my son one of those 29 gallon marineland LED tank setup in October. I just upgraded to a 55 and was thinking about selling it. It would come with just the tank, hood, and light. I re-used the heater and filter.

Anyone interested? Realistically, what is it worth?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Let there be LEDs

The tank not so much given that it's used and one can buy them new twice a year for a dollar/gallon. The light is another story and depends on whether it's a single or double bright fixture and how many hours it has on it in terms of use. Always wanted to try one but the cost of new ones has always sort of chilled my enthusiasm - used ones go for around $50 on Ebay.

Happen to be anything you're looking for in terms of a potential trade, full or partial? Sort of overstocked at present in all respects, still want to try one of these out one day just so I can compare it to compact fluorescents and T5s for plants.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I have the Marineland 29 setup, including the LED light, which I won at the raffle at ACA last summer. I like the look and efficiency of light a lot, but it's not much for growing plants.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
What's behind Door #3?

I sort of figured that would/might be the case for a 29 - I was thinking about trying it out on a 20L assuming Aquaman here wants to play "let's make a deal". If so reckon that makes me Contestant #1. This could be fun...

Wblaze

Members
Give me some ideas on what you may have to trade. You know this is a hood, light combo, right and not a strip?