• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi everyone!!

dulcevenom43

My name is Adita, I live in Miami and I am new to the freshwater cichlid world. I'm hooked! I love this hobby, its beautiful, and requires a ton of TLC.However, I'm down for it all. I've done a pretty great job thus far with my tanks. Began with a 10 gal. Started off with 5 nice cichlids. I believe I lost as couple, but I heard that's expected. At a point I had 9 little cichlids in my 10gal. Which was a disaster ready to happen. For I have an albino peacock that I consider the big Cajuns and a ravishing electric blue that is just as dominant. Anyway, I had introduced two red flower horns where they got beat up by my infamous two. I bough "fishy jails" (2) and separated everyone at the right time and order. Found my 55 gallon shortly after, and now, everyone gets along great. I have a total of 15 cichlids right now and I'm looking to add 7 more. I also came up on a great 40 gal with hood heater and filter for free on The app "offer up" also where I bought my 55 gallon. Guess for how much? $40!!!!! My 40 gal is not set up for that one Im going to build meticulously. And I'm super excited. Glad I found this forum, looking forward to reading and sharing experiences with you all!

IMG_20150123_195832.jpg

IMG_20150122_143138.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the forum, Adita. Watch out for that flowerhorn. Once he gets big, he will need a 75 gallon tank to himself.