• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Growth of Planted Tanks in the Fish Apartment

Termato

Board of Directors
I'll be using this thread to track the progress of growth on my tanks. Using pictures to display change of layout and growth overtime. I'll be displaying the following tanks. These photos are from last week and I'll be posting a comparison shot of a few tanks later today. In the one week, there have already been a LOT of changes to some of these.

20G Planted
2016-04-11.jpg

40G Planted
2016-04-11.jpg

75G Amazon
(bad picture)
2016-04-11.jpg

75G Iwagumi / Dutch mix
2016-04-11.jpg

150G Amazon
2016-04-11.jpg

Termato

Board of Directors
Thanks everyone! On these tanks I dose with Flourish Excel daily and Flourish Comprehensive 3x a week. I don't want to use C02 yet so I've just been using Excel. It's been working really well but I have been using a lot of it. I'm thinking of another alternative soon before this bottle runs out. I just don't want to run CO2 into my tanks (yet/if at all)

I did a giant water change yesterday. Full maintenance on everything. The tanks were looking good so I took some video I'll take some progress shots tonight. I didn't get a video of the 20G though.

I seem to be getting a decent amount of algae in my 75G Discus tank that has a 108W 6500K T5 HO light. I'm thinking about getting an FS LED for it soon. All my other tanks are on LEDs and are growing well.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GqbIsTItys

Termato

Board of Directors
Ok, here are some progress shots for 2 weeks. The wisteria grows like wild fire...

Considerable growth on the left sword. The rest of the plants seem to be doing OK. I added a forest to the left behind the sword and more blyxa. I also added plants on the far right.

2016-05-04.jpg

I added in some wisteria because it was growing in even more in the 150G, you'll see it almost looks the same in there because I did a huge trimming. Other plants are growing in slowly. Bad pic:

2016-05-04.jpg

Blyxa is taking off. Wisteria...wow. The plants in the back I trimmed like crazy and replanted. In the next couple of weeks I'll post another one and you'll see some considerable growth. I'm hoping to have that entire back wall covered by the end of the month for the GWAPA meeting:

2016-05-04.jpg

I trimmed the forest of the left. I sold some vals, wisteria and water sprite and thinned it out. I moved the sword on the right so it would get mroe light. We'll see how it does. Everything else just got a trim. The cabomba grows incredibly fast.

2016-05-04.jpg

The 20G looks basically the same. I'll post a picture in 2 weeks when it has some more considerable growth.