• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ACLC January Meeting

kaj41354

Members
Our first meeting of 2010 - At THAT FISH PLACE in Lancaster on Saturday, January 16th at 1 PM!

Three Weeks in Mexico - by 'Rit' Forcier

Imagine the trip of a lifetime! You save for years to do the ultimate fish research &collecting trip, accompanied by some of the most renowned fishkeepers in the world. Rit will be giving us a look at what three weeks in Mexico was like. You will see photos and hear anecdotes about some of the most isolated spots where critically endangered species can be found - with native kids swimming alongside! He'll even share the things he will and will not do it next time
Rit Forcier has kept tropical fish since he was 10 years old and currently maintains 50 tanks, some of which do not contain livebearers. He is a member of the 'old' Aqua Land Aquatic Society, now the Greater Hartford Aquarium Society, in Bristol, CT, since 1982 and served as its President in 1986.He was President of the Exotic Fish Society of Hartford in 1985. Rit is Co-founder and first Chairman of the Northeast Livebearer Association, and currently serves as its Treasurer. He has been a member of the American Livebearers Association for over 12 years, was elected to the ALA Board of Directors in September of 2002, became Vice Chairman in April of 2003 and was elected Chairman of the Board of Directors in Oct. 2003 and has been reelected five times. Rit was honored by Aqualand in December of 1999 with an honorary lifetime membership for his sincere dedication and generous support and is also an honorary lifetime member of the Pioneer Valley Aquarium Society (MA). He is the 2006 Recipient of the Betty Mueller Award from the Northeast Council of Aquatic Societies for his contributions to the hobby. Rit earned the Breeder designation of the Northeast Council in 1990, Master Breeder in 1999 as well as Senior Breeder status in the ALA.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Is anyone planning on attending this meeting? I may be heading up there and would be interested in carpooling if anyone else plans to go.

divet

Members
I thought it was a very good turn out, and enjoyed the presentation. Got a number of plants and some endlers from the auction.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I WAS ABLE TO GET UP TO PA. AT THE LAST MINUTE FOR THE MEETING AND IHAD A GREAT TIME MEETING SOME GREAT FOLKS. THE SPEAKER WAS GOOD AS WAS THE CCA REPRESENTATION ON LIVEBEARERS. I SAW TWO MEMBERS BUT, I DON'T KNOW YOUR NAMES SORRY, PAT KELLY, CARTEL, PHIL, AND DANGER CHICKEN. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE TSHIRT PAT. I WAS THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED WITH "THAT FISH PLACE" THE STINGRAY TANK WAS REALLY NICE AND THE DRY GOODS WERE A GREAT BARGAIN. THIS IS ONE ROADTRIP YOU GUYS NEED TO TAKE.

lonlangione

Members
It was a great meeting. Thank you to all of the CCA members that came up. I hope to see you on a regular basis. I also hope to be at the February CCA meeting, barring getting sick again. Well I did get the H1N1 shot so I should be good. Hans is a great speaker. I know the last time I heard him speak I learned alot and for an old dog like me that is an accomplishment!!!!!

Lonny

kaj41354

Members
I just want to echo what Lonny said. Thanks to all you CCA members that made it to the ACLC. It was a great turnout. Hopefully next month we will have as good a turnout for one of the CCA members that is speaking on February 20th......Bob Bock!

Cartel

Members
It was good i enjoyed the meeting and had never been to that store. I could easily go broke if I spent too much time there...

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Of course I waited until the lights went out before I took pictures
DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

kaj41354

Members
Considering the prices that the 2 bags of Africans went for in the auction, it might be tough to convince people to bring them. Ask Pat - he knows!

I had a good time and TFP never disappoints with their stock.

P.S. Have more Africans in the auction! :)