• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

300 gallon rubbermaid trough

ccp2007

Members
My Dad gave me their trough that they used to use for their horses. It have 2 cracks so he told me I could have it for free if I repaired the cracks. I have patched the cracks and it's held water for over 2 weeks now. It's not the prettiest patching job I've done but I'm using it as backyard pond so I wasn't too concerned about looks as long as it was durable...it's definitely durable after all the silicone and patches I used :thumbup:

I built a temporary filter for it and it seems to be working pretty well considering it only has a 225gph pump on it. I will be upgrading the pump to a 500 gph and adding 2 225 gph pumps soon and building spray bars, waterfall, and fountain as well.

We'll start landscaping within the next few weeks when my hubby has time off to help with the strenuous labor such as digging and building paver walls.

Right now I have a Red Eared Slider living in it until my Mom finishes it's home at her house. I am unsure what I want to keep in it since we live in Texas and our summers usually consist of 100+ weather

Here's what it looks like right now
uploadfromtaptalk1402360283960.jpg

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

uploadfromtaptalk1402360283960.jpg

ccp2007

Members
Nice any plans for plants? What are you going to stock with?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I most definitely have plans for plants. I'm thinking lillies, bamboo, pothos(if I can shade them enough), possibly cat tail. Any other ideas for 100°+/- temps?

I'll probably do either a feeder trough with minnows &/or goldfish or native blue gill/Sun fish. Any other suggestions on fish that'll survive the Texas heat without chillers?

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies