• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

$2 per gallon sale

npbarca

Members
If any one gets one, make sure to immediately stock it with 2 oscars, a clown knife, 2 flowerhorns, and either a peacock or red devil (I can't tell from the picture). SMH...

Looks like a hybrid between the two, which would not surprise me from petsmart lol.

spazmattik

Members
Lol! I was about to say the same thing Jon. Its a little contridicting to have an image like that and also have your employees ask what size tank you have when buying fish. i should go try to buy ll those and tell them i have a 55 and saw it was ok from the picture on the website lol

Localzoo

Board of Directors
To be fair the photographer prob "thought hey these big guys look better than theses small ones for staging the tanks" but no way should it have been approved by their marketing department without a disclaimer etc (fish used are just for scale purposes......blah blah blah)

Honestly they would be better of doing a fish store co-op type thing... like CCA sponsored/consultant for each store in return for answering questions and helping/training and educating staff and managers of the store. in return we get a discount (also open the possibility of acquiring from local clubs and breeders) LOL!

Yeah yeah I've gone and lost my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JasonC

Members
To be fair the photographer prob "thought hey these big guys look better than theses small ones for staging the tanks" but no way should it have been approved by their marketing department without a disclaimer etc (fish used are just for scale purposes......blah blah blah)

It doesnt even go that far... its all photoshopped in... if you look at their pics, the same fish in the same poses are used... drag 'n drop magic ;P

fish

Banned
When i got 50 feeder fish from petsmart tgey asked what i am feeding to and i said clown knife fish and they were like, "ummmmm... Oh! A clownfish!" Then tried to explain how clownfish are saltwater and goldfish are freshwater like I was the idiot. HaHa! xD

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
If any one gets one, make sure to immediately stock it with 2 oscars, a clown knife, 2 flowerhorns, and either a peacock or red devil (I can't tell from the picture). SMH...

lol, Im sure allot of people coming into the store think that and then you have fish that can barely turn around.
There are just so many things wrong with how they take care of the animals they sell. The fish that they sell as pets are about as unhealthy as the feeders you'll find at say, congressional or tropical lagoon. I cant imagine how unhealthy the feeders are.

fish

Banned
lol, Im sure allot of people coming into the store think that and then you have fish that can barely turn around.
There are just so many things wrong with how they take care of the animals they sell. The fish that they sell as pets are about as unhealthy as the feeders you'll find at say, congressional or tropical lagoon. I cant imagine how unhealthy the feeders are.

I purchased 50 feeders from petsmart last week cause i did not have time to go to HOT and after a week of quarentining (today) 10 are living. And my feeder tank has near perfect water.