• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Missing female krib

Tooz100

Members
Hi I'm new to this site and can't seem to post a new thread of my own so forgive me if i have reopened or jumped in in someone else's. I have a pair if kribs and 5 days ago the female was hiding and the male was chasing off other fishes , the female was in a rock hiding but still coming out for food . I presume she was laying eggs! . It has now been 3 days since I have seen her altho the male is still hanging around the rock formation that she was hiding in. I'm really concerned that she may have died in the cave but dont want to move the rocks in case she has fry in there. What advice can you give me many thanks

lkelly

Members
So your krib is hanging out in her crib? I hope it's at least decked out with a flat screen and a kegerator.

Tooz100

Members
Thanks for the replies , I'll sit tight for a bit and see what happens , parameters are ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20 , so no spikes , so hopefully no dead krib . Ha ha she is probably just chillin in her crib watching her plasma

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tooz100

Members
Well i found the missing fish , decomposing badly under a rock on the opposite end of the tank from where i thought she was, gutted. On the positive side tho, my bacteria coped well with the added toxins coming from the dead krib as no spikes whatsoever . As i previously said "the male krib was getting aggressive" do you think he may have killed her ?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Very likely was the male. Kribs (p.pulcher) can become homicidal. I've had females kill or severely wound males.

My Pelvicachromis Taeniatus so far have not shown any murderous tendencies.

Tooz100

Members
Hi just wondering if anyone can help , i rescued this fish from a local fish shop it was badly beaten and i didnt think it would make it . The guy said just take it but it'll die in a day or so . Anyway i have nursed it back to somewhere near full health and I would like to know what it is ?? ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1399492236.404743.jpg i hope you can help and i shall try to get some better pictures

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1399492236.404743.jpg

It looks like a Peacock but the three spots may make it a hybrid a few peacocks do show spots when small but very faint. If its bigger than 2" I'd say its a female smaller its still probably is.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tooz100

Members
Thanks for the reply , she is about 3 inches so i would definately go with female , shame about being a hybrid , no breeding for her , she'll just have to stay in her own tank until i csn find a suitable home for her .

The closer I look it appears that they may not be spots just darker portions of her bars. It may not be hybrid but is female so determining the species would be near impossible. More people would be able to respond if you started a new topic and asked. I came across this by accident or would've never seen it.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tooz100

Members
Thanks , i wanted to start a new topic but I couldn't work out how to do it on my i phone any tips ??i am new on here and find it very useful when I have an issue .

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Cca
Then forum on bottom right
Then click topics/select area ie marketplace old world etc
Then too right new topic and there you have it.

Hope it help I might have left out a few steps but it should get you in the right places