• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Hystrix Stingray

rich_one

Members
Not the best pic (surprise... me, not having a great pic. Imagine that. LOL...). But here it is. Everyone, meet Sugar Ray.

-Rich

20140415_212654.jpg

Thai

Members
Is like to get some nicer rays in the future which I why I picked up this retic to test the waters. Rich were did you get your hystrix from?
This is ManRay

rich_one

Members
Nice ray, Thai! After extensive research and then figuring out which breeders I can trust, I finally bought my ray from a guy that goes by the name of spotfin on MFK. I chose the male hystrix because all of the ray experts told me it gets a max size of 12 inches in diameter, and could happily live its life in a 6 ft. 150 gallon tank. They told me my biggest problem would be finding a true hystrix. I got lucky on that one, and spotfin hooked me up!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
No worries, not derailing. I'd have an interest, but sadly, they get too big for any tank I'm likely to have any time in the near future!

-Rich

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Don't kill him, and don't get stung! LOL... Best believe I got eyes on him when doing water changes! smh...

-Rich

Its good to keep your eyes out for the stinger. I acidentally bumped my ray with my hand during a waterchange and he whipped around and tried to sting me. Luckely he missed and that was right when I got him so he's much more trusting now.