• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Powerhead Advice

greg24892

Members
I have a question about powerheads on a 55 g Hap tank I'm debating on the Aquaclear 70 I like it due to I can add a quick filter to polish the water thing I don't like is I'm told the suction cups let it rattle and they fall. There is the MaxiJet that can be used with the Sure Grip magnetic holder Im told works well and I'd like to use that. Can someone give me some advice on how to either use a magnetic style bracket on the Aquaclear or how to add polishing filter to maxi jet Thank You

Becca

Members
I have a hydor model powerhead/wavemaker with a magnetic mount and the mount is awesome. For my AquaClear powerhead, I use the "over the side" mount rather than the suction cups. I find that suction cup mounts (my maxi-jets all have these) fail every few days and that the cups eventually become too rigid to adhere at all.

I didn't know maxijet made magnetic mounts now.

greg24892

Members
Actually its a magnetic holder made by another company just compatible with the aquaclear 70 does the over the tank mount work good with the aquaclear I just want to keep it quiet thanks for the quick response

Becca

Members
Actually its a magnetic holder made by another company just compatible with the aquaclear 70 does the over the tank mount work good with the aquaclear I just want to keep it quiet thanks for the quick response

I don't notice noise from mine unless I forget to unplug it before I drain the tank (oops). It is adjustable in a few ways so that you can get a snug fit on your tank and keep it quiet. I put a couple suction cups on there, too, because they act as a cushion/buffer between the powerhead and the tank.