• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Four adult Hemichromis guttatus for sale

chris_todd

Members
We have four adult Hemichromis guttatus (Jewel cichlids) available for sale, delivery at the meeting.

I don't know the exact gender mix, but there is at least one male and one female in the bunch, because they spawn about every 3-4 weeks. These are really cool fish, and about the easiest fish we've ever spawned. These fish are 3-4" long, and they are beautiful brilliant red with small shimmering blue dots (kinda like German Blue Rams). They are most colorful when spawning, when they're positively brilliant crimson, but even when they're not spawning, they are an attractive duller rusty red.

Eight dollars takes the quartet.

DAVID_VIRIS

Members
Chris do you by any chance any of those adult blood red jewels for sale and do you ship to new york . my son and i ahve been looking for a while for these

Plenipotentiary-at-large
So happens

That intermittently luminous and thoroughly refined carbon-unit known as Chrisicoli brought 6 "H. moanda" back from ECC for me to fool with, word is that they're much more passive than their kin and mellow enough to keep with rams and Apistos. Expect I will find out...

Have always loved the look of this genus but have a low tolerance for aquatic jihadists and disliked the notion of having to dedicate a tank exclusively to them.

chris_todd

Members

Have always loved the look of this genus but have a low tolerance for aquatic jihadists and disliked the notion of having to dedicate a tank exclusively to them.

Yeah, they are tough, though not terribly nasty. When I kept them, I had them in a 65g with mbuna, and whenever they spawned, the mbuna would huddle in fear on the opposite upper corner of the tank. I think DQ used to keep them in his big bruiser CA tank, and they held their own. Cool fish, though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Holding their own...

Have an interesting science project about to happen - largish pair-bonded Rainbows are about to try and defend 500+ free-swimming fry from two large G. altispnosas. They have a fairly defensible position so it should be interesting to see how they manage. Then again it could be over in a matter of minutes. I think the Geos are holding as well which is an interesting wrinkle...