• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Current Satellite Freshwater LED

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
I have experience with them. I own two 48" ones. It has multiple adjustments allowing you to vary to amount of white or blue you want. It is very slender and I have not seen any fading in mine what I have had for a little over a year.

You are more than welcome to come over and check the light out before you buy it if you would like.

chriscoli

Administrator
I have both these and the current plus model. I like both, they do best on a shallow tank, though.

The regular one is fine for fish, and some easy plants. The current plus has a bit more spectrum and will be better for a wider range of plants.

I have the Plus model and it grows plants in shallower tanks very well. I plan on get the 48" model in the nearest future.

Arlene

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I have the plus model. I like the wide range of color spectrum available with this fixture. Price was reasonable too.

Cichlid Lips

Members
For you guys with the 48" current fixtures, what would you say the coverage is? Is it limited to covering say a 55? or will it cover more area?

My tank is 5 feet wide by 3 feet front to back at 24" deep. I am wondering if you think I would need two or three of these to do a fish only?

Thanks in advance!

CL

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
For you guys with the 48" current fixtures, what would you say the coverage is? Is it limited to covering say a 55? or will it cover more area?

My tank is 5 feet wide by 3 feet front to back at 24" deep. I am wondering if you think I would need two or three of these to do a fish only?

Thanks in advance!

CL

You may have a bit of a shadow on the ends. Ime the light blends so you get a gradual reduction in light rather than an abrupt change.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
What would you recommend for a 31" depth?

Sent from my C5215 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

If it is not planted, the current satelite plus may work for you. If it is planted I am afraid you may require something more costly.
If you don't care about having color settings, the Finnex fixture is great and affordable.

YSS

Members
I think I am going to try this out for my 90G African tank. I am tired of paying high electric bills.

chriscoli

Administrator
Finnex is definitely much brighter....better for deeper tanks with plants....I'm loving them on my 29s. But if you're going fish only, they might appreciate a dimmer light.

YSS

Members
Finnex is definitely much brighter....better for deeper tanks with plants....I'm loving them on my 29s. But if you're going fish only, they might appreciate a dimmer light.

Thanks Christine, I will check out the Finnex as well.

lt dan

Members
My 110g is a fish only (mbuna) however I don't mind the algae growth over the rocks, more natural imo :)

Sent from my C5215 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App