• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cake

I've been practicing my cake skills. Still need more practice and work on my techniques.

Anyway, here's the cake I made for my oldest for his birthday party today...

Arlene

Marc's 7th BDay Cake.jpg

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Tough times

It's a little small isn't it?

Never eat anything bigger than your head. – DJ

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Like this

Lest you think I imagine otherwise, I believe stupendous might describe it.

Mikeinco

Members
That is very nice. I'm a pastry chef or at least used to be one before becoming a Director so I must say you've got skills.

Aw, thanks guys.

We're having a Mario themed birthday party and sleepover today/tonight.

We actually had the chess game since last year, as I gave it to my husband as a gift. I wanted to make a Mario cake for my son's birthday and googled images of Mario cakes. And then I saw the picture of a few Mario chess cakes. So I took the board piece from one cake, and then let my son pick out the design for the sides.

I still need to practice with fondant and gum paste and need to learn how to make the icing smooth. It took me forever to get the icing on decently. Of course, I could go off and buy more tools, much to my husband's chagrin.:eek:

Arlene

It's a little small isn't it?

Never eat anything bigger than your head. – DJ

LOL! When I layered the cake I said Holy Moly! I didn't expect the cake to be so tall! There are actually four colored cake layers inside that are red, blue, green and yellow. Next time I'm going to have to make shorter layers. But it definitely made the sides easier to decorate because I don't know how I would have made the fondant and gum paste decorations smaller!

Arlene

That is very nice. I'm a pastry chef or at least used to be one before becoming a Director so I must say you've got skills.

Will you give me lessons???

I've always wanted to become a pastry chef, but with little boys and their schedule, it makes time limited for school.

Arlene

Whew!

I survived the birthday party and sleepover with 8 kids that finally went to bed after midnight. They all slept well and devoured a breakfast of Belgian waffles and bacon before I sent them home with slabs of cake that weighed between 3 to 5 pounds each! LOL!

Next time, smaller cake!

Arlene