• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Group Buy for November

Jay

CCA Members
I have set up an opportunity through my business for the CCA in November that will include the opportunity to order special order fish from Laif Damson's Old World Exotic fish farm at the same time. Rules for the Group buy are:

To Order Fish through this group order:

Check out the fish I have in stock or available by special order on my Web site at www.cichlidsarespecial.com

Special Order fish for this Group should show up on my web site around October 22, 2011 on my Special Orders Page.

Choose the fish you want, and send me an email at cichlidsarespecial@comcast.net requesting these fish. Emails will be processed in the order they are received and, therefore, all fish are subject to prior sales.

All Special Order fish (Fish ordered from Laif's Farm)must be per-paid by Pay Pal prior to the order dead Line.

The dead line for this order will be established when the Special Order List is available around October 22, 2011. The order dead line will likely be somewhere around October 4, 2011 depending on Old World's shipping schedule.

Fish will be bagged using my normal bagging procedures (Three Unsexed Juveniles, or One Male, or Two Females per double bag).

Each order will be treated as an individual order at Group pricing. All fish bags will be labeled with the fish name and the first initial of the buyer’s last name, or middle initial or other means will be used to identify individual orders should three or more people with the same first and last names occur in the same group order.

I will delivery your order to the November CCA meeting saving you shipping.

Any fish ordered from my in stock inventory can be paid by cash when picked up at the Club meeting. These fish can be held up to 30 days in advance of delivery and can be ordered up 8:00 p.m. of the Wednesday prior to a CCA meeting. If you fail to pick up your fish order from my in stock inventory at the CCA meeting prior to the start of the CCA Auction, your fish will be placed back into my stock for sale, and you will be required to pay in advance for all future fish purchases by Pay Pal from Cichlids Are Special, including Group Orders.
Any Prepaid fish (Special Order Fish) not pick up at the time of the CCA meeting prior to the start of the CCA Auction become property of the CCA and will be auctioned as a donation to the club. There will be no refunds on fish not picked up properly at a CCA Meeting.

The cost for any prepaid fish that is sold out and does not come in from the farm, or that dies in transit will be refunded through Pay Pal.

Fish from a fish farm source will normally have a week or so buying period and a deadline of up to a week or so prior to a meeting. Once the order deadline passes, farm fish cannot be added to a group order.

Use caution on Farm Fish. Most farm fish arrive healthy; however, a few sometimes develop problems, practically ICH, from the stress of shipping and or cooler temperatures. I advise separating special order farm fish for 7 to 10 days for observation to be sure they do not contract any contagious illness before putting them in your tank. Rid-EX Prevent ICH is a good product to use on any new Cichlid fish as a precaution, no matter where you buy it from. Since a group order's farm fish will only arrive until a day or two prior to a meeting, I cannot hold them and prevent treat a large number of group order fish for a week or more like I normally do with my incoming stock

Laif's Fish Farm sells 1.5" Fish Unsexed in 20-24 packs. Larger farm 3+" fish are usually sold in groups of four unsexed (Most times 50=50) or groups of 4 males. Some larger fish are sold as males only, or in groups of three (either two males and one female, or two females and one male) Otherwise guaranteed sexed fish have a 30% wholesale price surcharge. Most Lake Tanganyika fish are not subject to box orders, but to get colonies of guaranteed sexed fish, you need to pay the 30% wholesale price surcharge plus my mark up on each fish. This farm also carries a number of Wild Caught fish and some harder to find fish. Minimum wholesale order is $750. Sadly, large minimum makes it hard for me to order from this farm very often. This farm is best for Wild Caught fish, rare fish, and Lake Tanganyika fish; but also carries a large amount of Lake Malawi Cichlids, a few Victorians, a limited supply of New World Cichlids, and some Catfish. Located in extreme southern FL and they are a good source for fish year round.

Discounts:

All fish purchased through a Fish Club Group Order will be sold at my normal discount club rates rather than at my regular price rates.

CCA members, please note, due to limited shipping boxes, you will need to bring you own container to transport your fish home from a CCA Meeting.

If you have any questions or concerns about this group order, please contact me through my business email: cichlidsarespecial@comcast.net

Thank you,

Jay

mscichlid

Founder
Sorry Jay, this is considered a Fish order; not a Group Buy. CCA rules stipulate that sponsors may not coordinate or conduct a group buy.

Last edited:

Buckcich

Members
Jay quote:

The dead line for this order will be established when the Special Order List is available around October 22, 2011. The order dead line will likely be somewhere around October 4, 2011 depending on Old World's shipping schedule

Does this mean, that the deadline to pre-order fish, expires before the List is available for review? Or you meant Nov 4th? Thanks

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I don't see any special orders on your website.
Special Order fish for this Group should show up on my web site around October 22, 2011 on my Special Orders Page.

The dead line for this order will be established when the Special Order List is available around October 22, 2011. The order dead line will likely be somewhere around October 4, 2011 depending on Old World's shipping schedule.
so going by this it should be up in a couple weeks give or take a few days.;)

verbal

CCA Members

so going by this it should be up in a couple weeks give or take a few days.;)

Not sure if it was poor reading comprehension on my part or the time travel requirement(October 4th order deadline) that threw me off :)

verbal

CCA Members
Are you able to get Apistogramma's bigger than a inch?
This is what is listed on Old World Fish Farm's website -
sm-md Apistogramma agassizi double red
sm-md Apistogramma cacatuoides double red

They probably are under an inch if they are listed as small/medium.

I also saw this in the new world section of the list:
Peckoltia sp. leopard frog pleco L134 2"

BevN

Members
Actually for commercial purposes when apistos are listed as small they are usually young adults. Not many stores would be interested in a 1" apisto as they would have to grow them out in order to get them sold. Being that most of the apistos are slow growing nobody wants to mess with that.

Hobbyist on the other hand sell them at that small size for a number of reasons. One being the slow growth. They could be moving out a species to make room for another or because the fact that the skewed sex ratios is such a major pain in the butt selling them small ensures your not going to end up with 250 beautifully colored cac males...arggggh.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Sorry Jay, this is considered a Fish order; not a Group Buy. CCA rules stipulate that sponsors may not coordinate or conduct a group buy.

The above basically says its a 'no go' on the order - now if a an approved member wanted to co-ordinate this that's a different story, but as no one volunteered to do so you may assume that the order is not happening.

verbal

CCA Members
I think the change was terminology(fish order from sponsor vs. club group buy) rather than whether the order is being placed. The original post said tomorrow would be the approximate day the special order list would be available.

The above basically says its a 'no go' on the order - now if a an approved member wanted to co-ordinate this that's a different story, but as no one volunteered to do so you may assume that the order is not happening.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Whassat?

I defer to your position. I interpreted it as meaning that the order wouldn't be allowed as it was being coordinated by a sponsor, will assume any error is mine. But if that is the case am not clear on what the difference is between 'group' and 'fish' orders other than semantics. Would be obliged for any clarification...

mrkillie

Members
I think the change was terminology(fish order from sponsor vs. club group buy) rather than whether the order is being placed. The original post said tomorrow would be the approximate day the special order list would be available.

This is the way I interpreted it as well.