• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Any ideas on how to save this fish?

Digital

Members
I got home to see a juvy about 3/4 of its way down a larger peacock's mouth. I was able to get him out and into a sick tank. Most significant damage is he missing an eye, and has a gaping hole in his head. Is it even possible for this guy to survive? He was slowly swimming around the sick tank before I turned off the lights for the night. Any suggestions for meds to help him heal?

Photos are super blury in the sick tank, but you can sort of see the red hole.

Marlin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1412741810334.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1412741919551.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1412741934713.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Props to you for trying to save the fish.

That said, if it were me, I'd just let him go.

JLW

CCA Members
If it were me, I would have let the other fish finish his meal -- at that point...

I would have very squeamishly and with some four letter words pulled out the fish due to my soft hearted nature and because I did want the bigger fish to choke to death. And just because it's plain gross. Then I would have given naughty murdering fish a serious talking to.

But that's just me:wacko:

Digital

Members
If it were me, I would have let the other fish finish his meal -- at that point...

Ya I would have also if it wasn't one of the fish I had just bought 4 weeks ago from Reed.

Anyone know how to train their fish to only eat the abundance of yellow labs???:p

mchambers

Former CCA member
And then

I would have very squeamishly and with some four letter words pulled out the fish due to my soft hearted nature and because I did want the bigger fish to choke to death. And just because it's plain gross. Then I would have given naughty murdering fish a serious talking to.

But that's just me:wacko:
You would have euthanized the injured fish because you couldn't stand watching it suffer. (Thereby ending up with much the same result as Tony, except that the bigger fish wouldn't have gotten a meal out of it.)

toddnbecka

Members
Murphy's Law of Fish:
They only eat the ones you don't want them to.
Also, It's always your favorite/most expensive/rare fish that dies, while the common buggers (in the same tank) thrive.

No eating other fish. They all sign a contract! Except they can eat fry but only when I'm not looking because if I see it I have to save the fry. Sheesh

Digital

Members
Update: I think he will pull through! He is swimming better and now picking at food when he doesnt swim past it. Lol. His aim is horrible now.

Marlin

Digital

Members
Tried uploading a new photo of this guy. Not working...

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Awesome, happy to see he's making a trimac
I've delt with this before, my $15 (bought her when she was tiny, thats why it was so cheap) 14" giant grourami thought it would be fun to murder my new $250 henlei stingray. It was devistating. The big pink merdurer soon found a new home