• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Southern Delight Fish Food?

Eyebedam

Members
Southern Delight Fish Foods?
So who all is using this & what kind of results if any are you seeing from it? I've been thinking about adding it to my rotation of foods to add with my variety I'm already feeding.. I almost picked some up today but hated spending 18.00 for something just to try it out.
here's a list of what I'm currently using.

Pellet types
Massivore
NLS pellets
4 bit blend from Kensfish
Slow sinking growth pellet from kensfish

Flakes
spirulina max from kensfish
earthworm flake from kensfish

i also use a variety of frozen cubes from my LFS.
bloodworms, brine & mysis shrimp,

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've heard of it but haven't needed to buy foods recently so haven't had the opportunity. I'm not one to get into a huge debate over foods, but I personally use NLS, Xtreme, and Kensfish foods. All my fish eat them and are healthy.

Eyebedam

Members
Yeah I'm not trying to get into a food debate, those go south quick... However it's getting close for me to make a new order for food & was hoping someone may have some exp with it.. Been thinking of giving it a go.

1bigdovii

Members
Ive been using southern delight fpr a few months now. I have had great results using it. I used nls and omega for years and SD has given me better results and quickly. I would recomend it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Chuck:

What differences can you see in your fish with the SD food? Again, not looking to start a debate, but I'm interested in providing a good, quality diet for my fish and would be willing to give a good product a try.

1bigdovii

Members
Odd that the website doesn't list nutritional characteristics.

Are they on the can?

I think the exact percentages are on the bottles. I buy bulk and it just comes in plain bags... Try their facebook page i actually think they have better if there.

1bigdovii

Members
Chuck:

What differences can you see in your fish with the SD food? Again, not looking to start a debate, but I'm interested in providing a good, quality diet for my fish and would be willing to give a good product a try.

No problem buddy.. Here is what i have noticed..
I have seen increased growth, better body shape, fish stay conditioned to breed, tanks stay alot cleaner. The best part is most fish accept it right away.. Also some of their foods are mixed floating and sinking pellets. That works very good for community tanks or tanks with bottom feeders as everyone has a chance to get some.

1bigdovii

Members
Here you go john since they say a pic is a thousand words. These are some pics from the test i did with the SD foods. I used my trimac brothers that were both the same size. Hellraiser (top pics) eating SD and thor (bottom pics) eating nls and omega one. Both in 75 gallon tanks same filtration and same waterchange schedule... I did the test for 6 weeks but only have put together the pics for 4 weeks. Anyways here they are so you can see for yourself.. Oh BTW hellraisers light sucks so his colors dont show as well.
4go2.jpg

0ps6.jpg

v5os.jpg

y938.png

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Thanks for the response. Pretty cool that you actually did some comparitive "testing" on the two products. Both fish look beautiful and healthy. I may give it a shot next time I need to purchase foods.

Jon

1bigdovii

Members
Thanks for the response. Pretty cool that you actually did some comparitive "testing" on the two products. Both fish look beautiful and healthy. I may give it a shot next time I need to purchase foods.

Jon

Anytime bro..
Im all about testing and seeing true results. Without it you really cant tell what changes/benifits you are getting especially when it comes to food.

1bigdovii

Members
is it me but one pic in every week looks a little lighter that the other ?

The reason for that is the fish in the top pics has a crappy marineland LED light on the tank. The one in the bottom pics has a dual t5 light.