• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pretty Good Deal on T5HO Fixtures

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'm interested in getting an update once you have it up and running. I could probably stand to put some more light on the plants in my 75, and this was one of my options.

YSS

Members
I'm interested in getting an update once you have it up and running. I could probably stand to put some more light on the plants in my 75, and this was one of my options.

I will definitely keep you posted. I will be putting this light on my 265G tank. I have two 36" CF fixtures on my 265G right now and each produces 192W of light. I will replace one of the two. This one produces 216W, but with the individual reflectors, it's suppose to be much brighter. So, we will see... I will try to do a before and after picture.

chris_todd

Members
The GWAPA folks also have a high regard for Catalina Aqaurium fixtures; they also have been good to GWAPA, cutting us breaks when we've ordered multiple fixtures for the nano tank aquascaping competition. I own a couple of their fixtures, and am generally happy with them. They're not necessarily top of the line, but for the price, they're good quality and decent design.

YSS

Members
The GWAPA folks also have a high regard for Catalina Aqaurium fixtures; they also have been good to GWAPA, cutting us breaks when we've ordered multiple fixtures for the nano tank aquascaping competition. I own a couple of their fixtures, and am generally happy with them. They're not necessarily top of the line, but for the price, they're good quality and decent design.

I have been buying stuff made by jebos, odysseys, and that fishplace. Generally have been happy, but the last one I bought went out (the fishplace one), and I am upgrading (albeit not top of the line). :D At least they have a 5 year warranty.

Last edited:

YSS

Members
I will definitely keep you posted. I will be putting this light on my 265G tank. I have two 36" CF fixtures on my 265G right now and each produces 192W of light. I will replace one of the two. This one produces 216W, but with the individual reflectors, it's suppose to be much brighter. So, we will see... I will try to do a before and after picture.

Just got the fixture and put it up. So far, things look good. No before and after picture, though. Sorry ... Pretty well made and the tank is definitely brighter, but not by that much.