• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

July Pre Order

JLW

CCA Members
Are you coming to the PVAS Bowl Show and Summer BBQ? I just put together a PRE ORDER LIST for it!

Don't forget that the Batfish Holiday Party is the next week, too. Check out the Batfish Facebook page for more on that.

http://batfishaquatics.com/preorder.php

A couple of really cool highlights from the pre order list:

Many, many species of Apistos, including some old favourites and some new ones. Apistogramma papagalo is available -- though it is not a cheap fish. This beautiful Apisto species is one I've only ever seen available once before, and it is a stunning fish, with blue spangles and bright red on the mouth. I've had one pair myself for a week, and they're already trying to spawn.

If you're into Lake Tanganyikan fishes, the list has an incredible amount of these. Most of these are going to be small fish, at about an inch or so, but there are a few that you just won't see elsewhere.

If you want a really cool, really awesome, really unusual algae eater, try Garra bicornata. I was among the first people to import these fish several years ago, and they're just awesome. They look kind of like our familiar Garra ruffa, but on top of the head, the males sport two long horns, like a cowfish. They demolish algae, and will benefit well from an algae heavy diet. A word of warning, all species of Garra are notorious jumpers.

One of my favourite tank busters is back on the list, too. The Granulosus Catfish. Pterodorus granulosus is a big cat that will reach 24" or so in the home aquarium. They have a neat row of scales on the side, like a ripsaw catfish. I placed with one of these guys at CatCon a couple of years ago.... :)

I'll have a new pre order list up next week for people attending the open house, but feel free to order off of this one (especially with the rarer stuff, there's not guarantee it'll be available next week).