• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

125gal full setup, needs to go. this weekend only.

Location: Morgantown WV (but can be brought back this weekend. jump on it or its staying in WV)
Price: $300

Description:
I have my 125 gallon fish tank up for sale. for $325 you will get the tank, stand, sump and overflow w/ pump and all lines, and a 300watt heater. I had the tank filled with water for 3-4 years straight. the dimensions are 72"x18"x21". Its a great upgrade for anyone with smaller tanks in the aquarium hobby and a good all around tank for anyone else.

If you do not choose to use the sump, you can cut the glass out easily and use it as a fish tank. its a 30gallon tall that i made into a sump. it works great and hardly needed any maintenance.

I can deliver within 25miles this week only for an extra $25, after this week (friday the 29th) I will not have a large truck to move it.

2wqcshy.jpg

2dimueg.jpg

fabe4n.jpg

$300 OBO will accept Jeep parts and guns as trades
call/text at 571-278-3750
or pm me

Thanks,
Corey

Shane

Members
Corey,
You might not recognize your tank now. This is what it looks like after today. I hope to have it running by Sunday.
-Shane

DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Shane, did you give him money, Jeeep parts or guns for the tank:lol:?

Looks great, by the way!

Matt

Corey,
You might not recognize your tank now. This is what it looks like after today. I hope to have it running by Sunday.
-Shane

Shane

Members
Shane, did you give him money, Jeeep parts or guns for the tank:lol:?

We settled for four mason jars of white liquor, a banjo, a signed Dale Ernhardt poster and a three legged coon dog. ;-)

-Shane

(Just kidding Corey is a great guy.)

Shane

Members
Background construction.
1) Foam cut to tank size
2) Burned to take off edges. I also walked across it on my hands and knees several times to add more "texture."
3) Primed
4) Sand added
5) Final coat
-Shane

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0728.jpg

DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0736.jpg

Shane

Members
Awesome, Shane - how long does it take to make one?

24 hours as everything needs to seal. Then it is attached with silicone to the (inside) back pane of glass and allowed to seal another 24 hours. If there is enough interest I might make a few sized for a standardized 10 gallon or 20 long and see if they sell at the auction.
-Shane

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I would be interested in learning how to do it. Not for profit of course. Just for my own creations. I have made a river bank background out of Coco peat and greatstuff. But I had to tear it down. The caulk I used was supposed to have been toxic.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Shane - how about the labor part itself (minus curing time)?

I proposed doing a DIY class and building some of these as part of a summer DIY workshop + picnic-type event (club buys the materials and food).

It was shot down because folks thought that it would be too much work for a day and that not many people would be interested.

Matt

Cartel

Members
Thanks Shane - how about the labor part itself (minus curing time)?

I proposed doing a DIY class and building some of these as part of a summer DIY workshop + picnic-type event (club buys the materials and food).

It was shot down because folks thought that it would be too much work for a day and that not many people would be interested.

Matt

I would do this. Im going to start cleaning my tank this weekend now that its empty and this would be a prime time to do something like this.

Shane

Members

While I really like the idea of a meeting where we make something, I have to agree that it would be a bit much.

Construction is a minimum of two full days and three is much better. The base primer has to cure for several hours (best overnight) before adding the epoxy. Then the epoxy has to set up for several hours (again better overnight) before adding the sealant coat, which itself needs to dry overnight.

We could make "throw away" backgrounds where we do not let the layers dry, but material cost for even a medium-sized background is around $40.

I love the idea but have to agree it is not practicle.
-Shane

turfboss

Members
I agree Shane does not seem like a doable project for a meeting - however - some step by step pics and dicsussion on the DIY forum (as we can see a lot of right here in these sets of photos) is really helpful -

I am just bringing up my two 150 gal tanks - have the bases done but had done nothing yet for lighting - I really like the open air look to your lights on the frame behind the tank - what lights did you use there??

George

Shane

Members
George,
Those are available at Home Depot for $40 each and come with a built in dimmer switch and ready to plug in. I really like them and am using them on several tanks. The only drawback is that, especially if turned up high, they can get hot as they use 50 watt MR 16 halogen bulbs. I would recommend four inches or more clearence between the lights and the top of the tank, but I do not know any other way to get a 150 watt light fixture for $40 with a built in dimmer and ready to plug in.
Another option is to replace the halogen bulbs in them with LEDs. LED MR 16 bulbs run just over $20 each. I may eventually hybrid them with two halogens and one LED per fixture.
http://www.wholesaleled.com/collections/mr16?gclid=CN3Go5LClbECFYio4AodGGIHgg
-Shane