• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wanted: Culls

Becca

Members
In the next week or two I'd like to acquire some otherwise healthy culls to ensure that the plants and rasboras I pulled from the 29 are not, in fact, radioactive, or otherwise deadly.

I'm looking for fish with DEFORMITIES that don't gravely impact their health so that, if they die, I can be fairly certain it's because of something in my tank, rather than something wrong with the fish.

I don't want fish that you'd plan to keep alive, I'm specifically looking for fish you're going to kill anyway.

Some examples:

Angels with bent fins, short gill plates, or holes in/near the dorsal fin.
Undesirable hybrids.
Fish with unattractive/abnormal body shape.

If the fish make it, I will abide by whatever (humane) wishes you have for these fish. If they are hybrids and you want them euthanized to prevent any chance of propagation, I'll euthanize. If they're wonky looking and you want them to live out the rest of their lives in peace, I'll provide for them.

Becca

Members
I have a unknown cynotilapia female holding if you want her fry. Don't know who the papa is either got her while she was holding?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I'm not sure brand new baby fish will survive a move like that... I guess I could stick 'em in the 40 breeder to start and then mix some in with the rasboras when they're big enough to not get eaten. Africans won't like my water conditions, I don't think.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Well I wasn't sure what to do with them bc of unknown aspect. Thought instead of culling they could live with you. If not I might feed to the peacocks. She is really small didn't think they could be holding at around 2 1/2 inches

Becca

Members
Well I wasn't sure what to do with them bc of unknown aspect. Thought instead of culling they could live with you. If not I might feed to the peacocks. She is really small didn't think they could be holding at around 2 1/2 inches

My only concern is that non-ideal water conditions might kill them and then I wouldn't know if it was that or exposure to a pathogen. I don't think either of the tanks they'd be going in are super acidic, should be somewhere between 6.8 and 7.4 - so neutral.

I think it has more to do with age opposed to size. I had a 2" otter point spawn and a 3" female who wouldn't. Since mbuna stay smaller its entirely possible for a 2"er to be of breeding age but not the average size. Just my experience though

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I think it has more to do with age opposed to size. I had a 2" otter point spawn and a 3" female who wouldn't. Since mbuna stay smaller its entirely possible for a 2"er to be of breeding age but not the average size. Just my experience though

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Good to know
I think the water might be okay as long as they are transitioned properly and your water chem is consistent