• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free "Dead" Rock

rich_one

Members
I have a bunch of formerly live rock, now dead for well over a year... probably two years... free to anyone willing to come pick it up. I suppose you could use it for a cichlid tank, or for those of you with live rock, here's a chance to add to your rock, and breathe new life into this live rock, for nothing more than whatever gas would cost you to come pick it up. Posting here first, before offering it at outside sites.

Be sure to bring a container to carry it away in. The container it's currently in is in tatters. Thanks.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
How much rock is there? Im interested in coming to get it.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Heck, man... I dunno... a bunch of pieces in a beat up blue storage container. They were once used in a 75 gallon saltwater tank. Decent amount of rocks.

Come and get 'em. Shoot me pm when you'd like to come by.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Ernie,

I make no claim as to whether or not they will raise pH, as I do not know. However, pickup on these are pending. If it falls through, I'll let you know. Thanks!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Wish I knew, Prince. Sure this rock can be turned live in no time again. One of these days I'm going to do a salt tank... got real close a couple years ago.

-Rich

daninmd

Members
yes, the rock will become live again. either thru cycling from scratch (takes about 8 weeks or so) or by adding some live rock to the tank along with dead rock (probably cut the time in half).

if you are going to do a SW tank in the future I would suggest keeping the rock you have. Its quite expensive. Even dry/dead rock can cost you around $2-3 per pound to buy.

rich_one

Members
yes, the rock will become live again. either thru cycling from scratch (takes about 8 weeks or so) or by adding some live rock to the tank along with dead rock (probably cut the time in half).

if you are going to do a SW tank in the future I would suggest keeping the rock you have. Its quite expensive. Even dry/dead rock can cost you around $2-3 per pound to buy.

Barring me hitting the lottery, it won't be any time in the near future. I don't think, anyway. Meantime, this stuff is really just taking up space, and should be being used. So I'm fine with getting rid of it. I'll cross the saltwater bridge if/when I get there.

-Rich