• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tahuantinsuyoa Macantzatza (Inca Stone Fish)

Hannibal

Members
I am heading up to TFP Saturday morning to pick up some stuff so I was checking out their fish selection on line and these came up. I put the name in the Google machine and pretty much came up with they are a dwarf cichlid from South America and are rare in the hobby.

Does anyone here keep these or know where I might be able to pick some up?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi Chris,

Sam (Avatar) has some that he got from Rapps awhile ago (I think he still has some...as does Batfish Josh).

I kept and bred them a few years ago. They're pretty typical in acara behavior and have interesting spawning behavior.

Here's what they look like when adults (smaller little brown fish when smaller): http://www.cichlidae.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16501&p=78152&hilit=inca+stone#p78152

Some have said that they're super aggressive, which wasn't my experience with them. Mine bred in a 2'x2'x1' tank with some grow out Gymnogeos...at fishroom temperature (~74) and regular tap water changes.

Matt

Becca

Members
I might be making this up, but I could swear that Josh had a group listed up on the batfish aquatics stock list.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
They're different

Just inexplicably lost my female (maybe too full of eggs) but have a large mild-mannered male. Not aggressive, mine co-exist(ed) in community tank with twenty small blue tetras, et al. Neat fish though was never able to get mine to spawn, maybe didn't have the right chemistry between them.

JLW

CCA Members
I do have a breeding group. :) They keep trying, but I haven't given them any leaves to spawn on lately.

JLW

CCA Members
I hadn't heard that or tried it .... I might have to. :) Or just toss a bunch of oak leaves in there.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Well now...

...any chance you have a big honking female you can spare from your "group"?