• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Electric Blue Acara versus Dampsey

Price has gone down. I just picked up two juvenile EBA from a LFS for $11 each. Has anyone raised EBA to maturity? Are they more hardy than EBJD which has a tendency to drop dead. Do they retain normal body shape and finage at maturity or deformed to some extent like EBJD?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I haven't kept them myself, but I have not read about any issues similar to the JDs. Check out MFK and look for a thread by Ryansmith83. Pretty sure he tracked their growth and eventual spawning.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JLW

CCA Members
I've sold a lot of these guys, and talked to customers who have grown them and spawned them (which is what killed the prices on them -- the market got flooded :). They stay beautiful as they mature, and I haven't heard anything about dying left and right.

You are right. The price has plummeted as I saw quite a few bags of EBA for sale in the last auction I went to. Just last year, the EBA was selling fo $30, and I am surprised I can now get it for $11. Apparently, people have been successful in breeding them, and they are not infertile mutants like EBJD. I have no complaint that the price has gone down so I can afford to try them out. Mine are doing well and eating like pig and I hope and expect them to have a long time.