• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB glass lids

Looking for glass lids, they are pretty expensive new.

10g X2
20H
20L

Just the lids, thanks... dang cat and dog makes me have to have lids on everything

Aqua410

Members
Amazon has the 30 inch perfecto canopy for $22 shipped if you have Amazon prime. Usually Amazon prime has a free trial so you could go that route or just subscribe to Amazon prime because it pays for itself with free shipping. Only way to maybe get it cheaper is to go to a glass shop and have it cut. You would want to probably work out a hinge for t though which may negate any savings.

Forester

Members
I've been cutting my own lids, but just have too much going on to commit to making them for other people. It really isn't very hard once you get a hang of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I've been cutting my own lids, but just have too much going on to commit to making them for other people. It really isn't very hard once you get a hang of it.

i know how to cut glass, maby i should make lids. do you use anything special for hinges? i know the silicone method, what do you use? Also the lids you buy online have that plastic cuttable piece. I know i could buy it separate but do you use something like that?

Also do you but a big sheet and make all your cuts from one big piece?

Forester

Members
i know how to cut glass, maby i should make lids. do you use anything special for hinges? i know the silicone method, what do you use? Also the lids you buy online have that plastic cuttable piece. I know i could buy it separate but do you use something like that?

Also do you but a big sheet and make all your cuts from one big piece?

I buy 36x30 sheets I just use sliding lids. They are much cleaner looking and easier to deal with. And they save space. I use outside corner moulding from home Depot to go on the end of the tank and ensure the lids slide smoothly. I'll post up a link to a good instruction page tonight

I buy 36x30 sheets I just use sliding lids. They are much cleaner looking and easier to deal with. And they save space. I use outside corner moulding from home Depot to go on the end of the tank and ensure the lids slide smoothly. I'll post up a link to a good instruction page tonight

Super excited to see what u do for the sliding lids.