• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

wtb: glass lid for 55g.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Is the tank super thick glass? I'm not sure I've ever seen a 55 without a center brace.

I'd be concerned with 2 things - 1) a tank with a missing center brace is an accident waiting to happen. My 55 bowed 3/4" with a broken center brace. That was too much to let me sleep well at night. 2) a piece of glass that is going to span 48" but can only be 6" wide is going to either be susceptible to breaking easily or be really thick glass.

lkelly

Members
I have seen an old school 125 with no center brace. The glass was thick. I have a weird custom tank that is about 7' long (only around 16" tall) that doesn't use a center brace.

it is thick glass ...it's actually a 75g, i think. it was sold to me as a 55, but it seems higher. i should probably actually measure it to be sure, but it's definitely 4' long.
i suppose i could go with a plastic lid, but i'm a stickler for uniformity and my other 11 tanks have glass lids.