• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Neoheterandria elegans

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I picked up a group of Neoheterandria elegans (Tiger Teddies) from the PVAS auction. They are super tiny and very interesting. They are a live bearer that stays under 1". I am keeping them in a heavily planted 2.5 gallon aquarium that is filtered by a sponge filter. The only other occupants in the tank are a group of cherry shrimp and 2 random crystal red shrimp that were in with the cherries when I got them.

Has anyone else every kept these little fish?

skanda

Members
I got nice pack of Heterandia Formosa from a friend at the auction last Saturday. I put them in a planted 29 gallon with a sponge filter along with some cherry red shrimps and CRS. Very curious nano fish. They apparently don't harm the shrimps it seems..I presume this would be the case with tiger teddys also. Let me know if you manage to breed them..Would like to buy a few

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I picked up a group of Neoheterandria elegans (Tiger Teddies) from the PVAS auction. They are super tiny and very interesting. They are a live bearer that stays under 1". I am keeping them in a heavily planted 2.5 gallon aquarium that is filtered by a sponge filter. The only other occupants in the tank are a group of cherry shrimp and 2 random crystal red shrimp that were in with the cherries when I got them.

Has anyone else every kept these little fish?

I lost out on those to you. Glad you got them. I did not realize how small they stay.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I lost out on those to you. Glad you got them. I did not realize how small they stay.

Hopefully, they will spawn for me.

This is a picture of my set-up right after I finished planting it. The java fern is free floating because it was in the bag with shrimp so they were all over it. I haven't had a chance to attach it to anything yet.
0405141948-1_zps199c1cd6.jpg
[/URL]

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I have an Anubias nana attached to a piece of driftwood, a large amount of java moss, and Valisneria.

Becca

Members
I have some fun moss for you. No clue what it is, or if it's even moss. It grows nice in my 6-gallon edge,though, and has begun to sort of outgrow it...

I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll get it to you eventually.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I have some fun moss for you. No clue what it is, or if it's even moss. It grows nice in my 6-gallon edge,though, and has begun to sort of outgrow it...

I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll get it to you eventually.

Becca, that would be awesome! I just set up my outdoor tub today (still deciding what fish I'll put out there) and I'm moving plants around to grow some outdoors.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
looks good!

Thanks! The tank is one of three 2.5 gallons on a shelf above my desk so needless to say I get easily distracted watching them. This one in particular distracts me.

A couple of the fish are getting really fat. I'm assuming they are females.

Sent from my VS980 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App