• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Which option would you go with and why?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I'm planning on ordering a titan eze stand that will hold two 30x12" tanks. I have a 20l and a 29, but am considering swapping the 29 for another 20l (Petco sale). Which option would you choose and why?
1. 1x29, 1x20l
2. 2x20l

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gyarados

Members
Depends on the fish and their needs, I'm aggressively feeding some juvis (3-5s a day) in 20ls and it's much easier to scoop uneaten food quickly out of a 20l as opposed to a 29.

Last edited:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Depends on the fish and their needs, I'm aggressively feeding some juvis (3-5s a day) in 20ls and it's much easier to scoop uneaten food quickly out of a 20l as opposed to a 29.

The fish will do fine in either. Mostly tetras and cories. I'm wondering if a 20l on the bottom of the stand will look too low, as opposed to a 29.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jt731

Members
I have heavily planted 20l and I wish I had gone 29. The lack of height really restricts the east west movement on my fish

dogofwar

CCA Members
29/20L - 29g is such a nice size tank for a pair of Cryptoheros or the like... and the height makes it a nice show tank.

If it were me, I'd do a 29g on the top and 3x10g on their side on the bottom :)

Matt

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
29/20L - 29g is such a nice size tank for a pair of Cryptoheros or the like... and the height makes it a nice show tank.

If it were me, I'd do a 29g on the top and 3x10g on their side on the bottom :)

Matt

I did not think about the 3x10g option. Interesting...

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'd worry that you wouldn't have enough clearance on the 29 on the bottom shelf to catch fish, etc.

Edit: I have a 29/20L combination on a metal stand (not sure what brand). If the bottom tank was a 29, there would be about 4" clearance between the top of the tank and the shelf above. Guess it depends on how often you think you'll be trying to catch fish and to what extent appearance is more important (I think having a 29 on the bottom would look better).

Last edited:

JLW

CCA Members
I'd look at the measurements of that particular stand, with the amount of room for a 29. Some are just too tight to work well. On the other hand, if there's too much room, it'll look funky. You want between 6-10" of clearance between the top of the lower tank and the bottom of the upper shelf.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I'd worry that you wouldn't have enough clearance on the 29 on the bottom shelf to catch fish, etc.

Edit: I have a 29/20L combination on a metal stand (not sure what brand). If the bottom tank was a 29, there would be about 4" clearance between the top of the tank and the shelf above. Guess it depends on how often you think you'll be trying to catch fish and to what extent appearance is more important (I think having a 29 on the bottom would look better).

That was the problem with my old stand, I put a 29 on the bottom and I had 2" of clearence, I could barely fit the python inside.