• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Why don't vendors breed and stock Dwarf African Cichlids?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Why don't more vendors stock more species types of Dwarf African cichlids? It slim picking when it comes to the smaller fish.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
In my experience, not many vendors carry these fish because there is not enough demand for vendors to pay for a sizeable quantity. What kind of dwarf africans are you looking for, East or West?

Lively

Members
In my experience, not many vendors carry these fish because there is not enough demand for vendors to pay for a sizeable quantity. What kind of dwarf africans are you looking for, East or West?

I think if they started to carry them there would be more of an interest in them. I've developed an interest in them as well - and it is hard to find them. Julie has a nice selection.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member

Agreed, When money is to be made they stock what sells the quickest or the best. You usually have to go to the hobbiests that love that type of fish to find what you want.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I can get you Pelv. Moliwe. Tony Orso often has good quality west african dwarfs. You may need to go through your lfs to get some from him. Anyone know if he will be a vender at Aquafest this year?