• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I finally started phase two of the fish room upgrade!

blkmjk

Members
Here is the space that will be getting a stacked 6' setup. 220 up top 125 below. Enjoy

uploadfromtaptalk1386477092152.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386477110645.jpg

Here is the initial layout for the tank foot print. I secured the bottom plates with a ram set. This is a dangerous tool not to be treated like a toy if you use one please use ear protection. And NEVER LOAD THE PRIMER BEFORE THE NAIL. And after the nail and primer are in treat it like a loaded weapon. Because it is one.
uploadfromtaptalk1386477708732.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386477466708.jpg

This is the skeleton of the stand top barley screwed on. I'm planning on strapping it with plywood 3/4'' on top 1/2'' on bottom. This is to prevent flex. The plan is to get as much room above the tank as possible so I can upgrade to a180 in the future. Pretty solid at the moment. It will be crazy with the plywood on top and bottom. 1 more day and the stand will be complete.

uploadfromtaptalk1386477969813.jpg

Drew

uploadfromtaptalk1386477092152.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386477110645.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386477466708.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386477708732.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386477969813.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Nice - pretty much the only way for me to add more tanks to my fishroom would be to stack 6 footers...

Matt

blkmjk

Members
Looking good man can't wait to see to it when you are done

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thanks,

Me too! I've been so busy lately. My fish need a bigger home. Guess that means I can't sell that 220 after all! Your Welcome Over when ever your in the area. You know that.

Looking good! Glad to see it is coming along smoothly. How far from the wall is it out?

Thanks,
It is 24-1/2" out from the wall and 92" long. It has 36" clearance under the top tank giving room for 24" tall tank no problem with plenty of room for lighting under the top tank.

Nice - pretty much the only way for me to add more tanks to my fishroom would be to stack 6 footers...

Matt

Thank you,
My fish room is tiny really. Being able to make your own stands helps maximize the space available. I will be converting one of my 75 gallon tanks to a sump for both 220's and my 90 either that or I will be picking up a pool filter down the line. I need 5000 gph for these three for my desired turn over. May put the FX5 on the 125 then...along with a dump for all of these tanks. 2 dumps for the 6 footers.

Drew

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Drew- Sine your plans include one filtration system running 2+ tanks, you may want to plumb your future sump with ball valves to shut off each tank in the event of disease or quarantine.

blkmjk

Members
Sweet set up, Drew.

Thanks, Jon

Looks fantastic!

Thank you,

You can also use the FX5 to power a dump filter :)
That would definitely be the plan. I haven't done it yet but I am loving the idea of dump filters with extra media and Pothos /shrimp sanctuary...

Drew- Sine your plans include one filtration system running 2+ tanks, you may want to plumb your future sump with ball valves to shut off each tank in the event of disease or quarantine.
Absolutely , every plumbing system I install has a ton of ball valves this will be no different. The only question will be how to filter the isolated tank once it is off the system. I like air but filtering a 220 with sponges seems dangerous for the fish if not properly thought through.

Drew

blkmjk

Members
Ok long time no update. I lost a lot of my stand build photos in a phone switch out. But I made overflows out of acrylic sheets. Painted them with epoxy. I glued corner bread protector in the back of the tank with silicone. Glued and sealed the overflows with silicone. uploadfromtaptalk1393332379215.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393331965375.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393331907100.jpg

Drew

uploadfromtaptalk1393331907100.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393331965375.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393332379215.jpg

blkmjk

Members
I run foam in those not throw away it packs in there neatly. I only service those every three to six months. I have pre filters on the intakes that take most of the trash out.

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

blkmjk

Members
Thanks Dan the tank is fully stocked at the moment with my new pair of Umbees. I will also throw in some wild type convicts to live amongst the the rock work I will be building up. A large pleco or two and that's it. I will try to plant this tank not heavily but with anubias and swords. Maybe some tall grass.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!