• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New in Silver Spring

Epic2112

Members
Hi All! I recently moved to Silver Spring form NYC. I've started up my first aquarium in 10+ years, a 55G Mbuna tank. I used to have a bunch of tanks set up, but didn't have room while I lived in NYC, so I'm excited to have rejoined the hobby.

A number of people have suggested that I join the CCA, and have said that you're a great group of people. So here I am. I look forward to meeting people in person and coming to the meetings.

Right now my fish are still small, I started out with all young Mbuna, but hopefully soon I'll have some spawning, and something to offer to everyone.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Hey other NY'ers. I was born and raised in Brooklyn before moving to Staten Island and then down here in 1989. Also l live in Silver Spring (zip 20904) and have recently started a 55 gallon mbuna tank. It's stocked entirely with fish obtained from club members/meeting auctions. I have yellow labs (from Rastafish), rusties and yellow tailed acei. They're in the 2" range now.

Welcome Kevin.

Epic2112

Members
I'm in 20904 too, near Randolph & New Hampshire. I came out here from Astoria Queens, but I originally grew up on Long Island.

It sounds like we have similar setups. If you're close by maybe we can meet up some time to chat. I'd love to see the fish you got from other members, most of mine are from LFSs.

Hey other NY'ers. I was born and raised in Brooklyn before moving to Staten Island and then down here in 1989. Also l live in Silver Spring (zip 20904) and have recently started a 55 gallon mbuna tank. It's stocked entirely with fish obtained from club members/meeting auctions. I have yellow labs (from Rastafish), rusties and yellow tailed acei. They're in the 2" range now.

Welcome Kevin.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Kevin,

I'm off Randolph and Old Columbia Pike. I'm retired so I've got plenty of time to meet and greet. It'll be good to chat with someone that doesn't have an accent (LOL).

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Kevin,

I'm off Randolph and Old Columbia Pike. I'm retired so I've got plenty of time to meet and greet. It'll be good to chat with someone that doesn't have an accent (LOL).

Lol hey when we hung out I didn't notice you had an accent...hope you weren't holding it back on me lol

Ps you are awesome thanks for all the help and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Will,

I try to minimize the 'dem's and 'dozes' and the myriad f-bomb's I grew up with. When with my NY friends and family (we're all working-class stock), it all comes back, real natural like. Since I did alot of public speaking/training in my job, I had to, er, um, adjust. How'd things work out with that Jeep?

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Will,

I try to minimize the 'dem's and 'dozes' and the myriad f-bomb's I grew up with. When with my NY friends and family (we're all working-class stock), it all comes back, real natural like. Since I did alot of public speaking/training in my job, I had to, er, um, adjust. How'd things work out with that Jeep?

Didn't get it was a ship of pieces lol
Some how if you re word that....
I don't mind let loose next time we hang out, we are all working class...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app