• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

C.perugiae breeding

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys, keeping/breeding C.perugiae is something i've wanted to do ever since I heard of them. I think now is the right time, josh has them in stock and Im building a fishroom. So before I buy some I was wondering, has anyone here bred them and have any first hand experiences or anything that might help? thanks!

Becca

Members
My only experience with these guys was short lived. One, sadly arrived with a broken pectoral spine and blood infection stemming from it. The other lived a couple of months in a tank with very placid, slow moving Gouramis, but never ate. If I could find him and put some live food RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE, he'd eat it, but he didn't ever take prepared and never came out enough to be easily fed. I believe he starved.

If your'e going to keep these guys, start them in a species-only tank and make sure you get them eating and accustomed to captivity.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
You should check with Rachel (Msjinkzd). I believe she has bred C. reticulatus and has kept, if not bred, C. perugiae.

Sent from my VS980 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App