• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pleco help from experienced keepers.

olzkool

Members
Yeah it's awesome. I just thought of using it when I couldn't figure out how to boil it. It makes tiny little cavitation bubbles and when they collapse temperatures and pressures can reach 5,000 K and 20,000 lbs per square inch but its on such a micro scale that it doesn't bother what you are cleaning. It's the only way to clean carbs and injectors that are really bad. Plus I can crank up the actual water temp to 90 C just below boiling. I'm stoked to see how it works on the wood.

neut

Members
Yeah it's awesome. I just thought of using it when I couldn't figure out how to boil it. It makes tiny little cavitation bubbles and when they collapse temperatures and pressures can reach 5,000 K and 20,000 lbs per square inch but its on such a micro scale that it doesn't bother what you are cleaning. It's the only way to clean carbs and injectors that are really bad. Plus I can crank up the actual water temp to 90 C just below boiling. I'm stoked to see how it works on the wood.
Pretty interesting.

Sounds more sophisticated than looking for a used metal tub then sticking it over all four burners on a stove or figuring out some other way to heat it up, which is what I've been contemplating for some pieces I collect. :D

Localzoo

Board of Directors
That's awesome Lol I once used a bench clamp to hold the carb from my friends old VW and used a pressure washer lol cleaned it out pretty good but made more of a mess than I would have liked. (never again)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Apart from my L46s and L260s, my other pleco frys are raised in pH around 8. And I am breeding a variety of fancy plecos (excluding all Ancistrus).

male_w_fry_cr.jpg

CR_cropped.jpg

L66_CR2-1.jpg

male_female_ID_CopyRighted-1.jpg

L260_female_male.jpg