• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

And the pleco collection continues to grow

verbal

CCA Members
Would love to see some pics. I've wanted to setup a dedicated pleco tank for months, but not sure what size to go with.

Matt

Depending on what you pic it could be any size from 10 to 180 gallons. You probably want to add some other fish also, so there is something to look at if the plecos are hiding.

spazmattik

Members
Depending on what you pic it could be any size from 10 to 180 gallons. You probably want to add some other fish also, so there is something to look at if the plecos are hiding.

+1 .. thats what kills me about nice plecos. You go out and buy a nice fancy one that looks amazing, drop it in your tank and then you never see again! Go spend a buck on a common brown pleco and you can look at it all day long lol

hey matt the nugget i got from NEVER hides that dude is always sitting out in the open profiling but i do have a number of them that i never see ie the royal i got from you i have to go looking for him with the flash light. the good thing he is always in the same place for me to find him.

Becca

Members
Ken's algae wafers and catfish sticks tend to bring my shy guys out of hiding, so does Repashy Morning Wood.

spazmattik

Members
Lol becca the only thing that got mine out was turning off the lights! Terrell thats whats funny about these fish and tank hoping. Grammode hides all the time, throw him im another tank and now hes out and about all the time. Cuban cichlid was very active before i put him in his own tank and now he hides non stop! Tried a group of giant danios to make him feel safer and a tank mate but he ate all but one danio the first night lol. Ohh this hobby..

Becca

Members
Lol becca the only thing that got mine out was turning off the lights! Terrell thats whats funny about these fish and tank hoping. Grammode hides all the time, throw him im another tank and now hes out and about all the time. Cuban cichlid was very active before i put him in his own tank and now he hides non stop! Tried a group of giant danios to make him feel safer and a tank mate but he ate all but one danio the first night lol. Ohh this hobby..

In the 150 we have one 18" light that is in the center. We can turn this on and turn the rest of the lights out, then drop in sinking food. The tank is dark enough that the Raphaels all come out and start cruising, but light enough that we can see them. It's a pretty cool effect, actually.

I suppose if you've got one of those "fancy" lights with the blue leds that can come on at night, that'd work, too.

Agreed, though, it is all too common (and endearingly crazy) to end up with fish that rarely make an appearance and (often) help disappear other fish.