• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Totally not fish: Chinchillas

JLW

CCA Members
Hey gang,

As a lot of you know, one of my other interests is breeding Chinchillas. I have two babies, which are now fully weaned and ready to go, and figured I'd offer them to my fish nerd friends first. Or Tony. I'm asking $100 each, or both for $150.

These are beige chinchillas, and it looks like they're both female. They're handled daily, and quite tame, for chinchillas. Chinchillas aren't cats, though, and are not lap pets -- they do their own thing, and that usually involves running crazily everywhere. :) Ones you get at pet stores are usually not hand tame, and can have "trust issues."

Chinchillas have a very lightweight, fragile skeleton, and should not be handled roughly -- as such, they're not a good pet for Not-Grace Torgerson.... or for Not-Caleb, either. :p They're also remarkably long lived, and can easily live 15-20 years in captivity, meaning they're a longer commitment than most cats or dogs. (Again, a good reason not to get one for a kid -- they're going to live longer than the kid will be home, you hope).

10329235_969047433110418_5361842421286763094_n.jpg