• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DAPHNIA AND FISH FS

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
For sale Daphnia and other live food cultures plus various fish

IF YOU CANNOT FIND THIS THREAD LATER, DO A SEARCH ON DAPHNIA

Can deliver to the next CCA meeting Saturday NOVEMBER 7, 2014
All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Daphnia $5 a bag
Microworm culture in a sandwich box $5
Microworm starter is free to any member, just ask for the microworm starter, that is enough of an old culture to start an new culture.
Vinegar eel culture in a sandwich box $5, great food for rainbow fry or any really small fry after the first couple days.
Paramecium, a quart of a going culture, $5 these are great first food for any really small fry like rainbows and annulatus.

Black banded sunfish $10 each or 6 for $50

MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - Electric blue rams $20 a pair.
MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - GERMAN BLUE RAMS $12 a pair.
MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - RED Crown Gold RAMS $15 a pair

brochis splendins (The emerald green catfish) $5 each recently renamed Corydoras splendins

Corydoras 'BLACK' schultzei, $10 each or 6 for $50
Corydoras panda $5 each or 6 for $25
Corydoras paleatus $4 each or 6 for $20
Corydoras sterbai $8 each or 6 for $40
Corydoras pygmaeus $4 each or 6 for $20
Large ALBINO corys, $5 each, smaller ones for $4 each

Regular adult brown BN $12 a pair
Pretty spotted BN $7 each

Red velvet swordtails $3 each
Red wag platys $3 each
Blue red -tailed variatus $4 each [related to Best in Show]

KOI angelfish 5+inch $5 each
Silver angelfish 5+inch $5 each
Black lace angelfish 4+inch $5 each
Pearlscale clown angelfish $8 each

Pseudotropheus demasoni, a CARES fish, best kept in a large group, 12 one to two inch young, $50, adult males $7 each, adult females $9 each

WAPOGA LASER RED RAINBOWFISH: young fish showing great color and ready to spawn $25 a pair. 2 pairs for $40

All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Hannibal

Members
Frank,
If I have a pair of german blue rams in a 40 breeder, can I add a pair of the electric blue rams without any potential issues? I have a few schools of nano fish in the tank as well if that matters.

If they will be a good fit I would like a pair of the electric blue rams as well as 2 orders of daphnia.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I have had two pairs of German Blue rams in a ten gallon and one pair did spawn. In a 40 breeder you would have no problems with two pairs of rams. The electric blue females are a good bit smaller than German blue females and probably were not raised together so are no likely to pair off with the opposite male. A good tank design is one in which there are coves where there are barriers to line of sight. If a male cannot all the time see any other males, he may set up a spawning site in one of the coves. You can use driftwood, plants or most any thing you like for sight barriers.

Hannibal

Members
Sounds good, put me down for a pair of the electric blue and 2 daphnia then please.

The tank is set up with caves, wood, and a bunch of plants.

Kareen

Members
Hi Frank, I would like to get Three Black corye's and one female Electric Blue Ram and a Pretty Spotted BN Female. I lost one of female Electric rams so I'm not sure if I can just get one if not that's ok.